For centuries, thyme has been used across nations and cultures for incense in holy temples, ancient embalming practices, and warding off nightmares. Just as its history is rich with a variety of uses, thyme’s diverse benefits and uses continue today. Thyme essential oil is extracted from the leaf of the thyme plant and is high in thymol. The powerful combination of organic chemicals in Thyme essential oil provide a cleansing and purifying effect on the skin; however, because of the prominent presence of thymol, Thyme oil should be diluted with Fractionated Coconut oil before application. Thyme essential oil is commonly used to add spice and flavor to a variety of meals and can also be taken internally to support a healthy immune system. Thyme essential oil also has the ability to naturally repel insects.
Blends well with:
Blends well with:
- The Oil of Releasing and Forgiving
- Promotes forgiveness, tolerance, patience and understanding
- Feeling mentally lethargic in the middle of the day? For a change of pace, add Thyme essential oil to your favorite daytime diffuser blend to get your mental wheels turning. Thyme oil has a stimulating aroma, and adding it to your favorite mid-day diffuser blend will promote a sense of alertness.
- Spring clean your skin with Thyme essential oil. Because Thyme oil has a cleansing and purifying effect on skin, it is an ideal oil for skin care.
- Don’t let those insects bug you, just give them a little bit of Thyme. Thyme oil contains chemical properties that naturally repel insects.
- Thyme oil is one of the best essential oils for cleaning due to its powerful cleansing properties. Thyme essential oil can help to clean surfaces and remove dirt, grime, and unpleasant odors—all without the use of harmful chemicals.