Derived from the bitter orange tree, Petitgrain oil has long been used in traditional health practices, for cleaning purposes, and for its various internal benefits. Widely used in the perfume industry, Petitgrain oil offers a fresh, floral, and often herbaceous aroma that makes it unique and useful in a variety of settings. From promoting restful sleep to supporting healthy immune function, Petitgrain oil uses and benefits are certainly far reaching and effective.
Blends well with:
Blends well with:
- The Oil of Ancestry
- Perhaps one of the greatest benefits of Petitgrain oil is its ability to promote relaxing feelings. Due to its chemical makeup, Petitgrain essential oil can be helpful in creating a calm, relaxed environment to promote feelings of relaxation. Consider placing a few drops of Petitgrain on your pillows and bedding before going to bed in order to enjoy its aromatic benefits. You can also combine other relaxing oils like Lavender or Bergamot with Petitgrain on the bedding to promote a more relaxing atmosphere.
- Similar to other citrus essential oils, Petitgrain oil makes a great addition to hot beverages. If you enjoy drinking herbal tea or other hot drinks, consider adding a few drops of Petitgrain oil to help enhance the flavor. Not only will you enjoy the unique flavor of Petitgrain oil, but you’ll also benefit from the calming properties it provides.
- May help support healthy cardiovascular function
- Take internally to help ease feelings of tension, help calm the nervous system and promote restful sleep
- Before going to bed, add a few drops of Petitigrain along with Lavender or or Begamot to pillows and bedding for its aromatic benefits.
- Add one to two drops to water or juice and drink to help support the health of the cardiovascular, immune, nervous and digestive systems.
- To help reduce the appearance of skin imperfections, consider adding a couple drops of Petitgrain oil to Fractionated Coconut Oil and applying it to skin blemishes or imperfections. When using a new essential oil topically, it can be helpful to test a small dose of the oil on your skin to ensure that it doesn’t cause any skin sensitivity or irritation. Due to their potency, it is also important to dilute essential oils with a carrier oil before using them on the skin to help minimize skin irritation.