Promotes clear breathing.
The peppermint plant is a versatile perennial herb that has been cherished since ancient times. The plant’s first recorded appearance dates back to 1000 BC when dried peppermint leaves were found entombed in ancient Egyptian pyramids. Throughout time, this herb has been valued as a multi-purpose plant and an essential oil whose components are now used by cosmetic, culinary, and health industries around the world. Peppermint oil is also well known for its ability to help alleviate occasional stomach upset and promote healthy respiratory function when used internally. With so many facets and uses, Peppermint essential oil continues to be one of doTERRA’s best-selling and highly-favoured essential oils.
Blends well with:
Blends well with:
- Wild Orange
- Tea Tree
- Juniper Berry
- The Oil of Buoyant Heart
- Promotes optimism and strength to face emotional pain
- Peppermint can be used aromatically to enliven the senses and promote a feeling of energy. This powerful oil can be extremely beneficial on its own, but when you add the right combination of essential oils to Peppermint, you get a wider variety of beneficial results. Try placing one drop of Peppermint oil in the palm of your hand, add one drop of Wild Orange essential oil and one drop of Frankincense essential oil, and inhale. This simple aromatic recipe is perfect for a mid-day pick-me-up.
- Menthol is an organic substance in peppermint plants that will give your skin that cool and soothing feeling it needs after a hot day outdoors.
- Looking for something strong and natural to freshen your breath with? Mix a drop of Peppermint oil with a drop of Lemon essential oil in water, take a sip, and swirl it around in your mouth for a healthy, refreshing mouth rinse.
- Peppermint oil is a culinary wonder and has been used to add a fresh boost to meals in kitchens all across the world. However, Peppermint is not just limited to cooked dishes; it also makes a great addition to any drink or smoothie.
- Looking for a way to repel bugs and spiders in your house? Luckily, Peppermint oil provides a perfect solution to ward off those creepy crawlers. Many bugs and spiders dislike the potent smell of Peppermint, consequently, Peppermint essential oil is used as a home remedy to repel bugs naturally.If you or someone you know has trouble staying awake during long meetings or would like a natural method to feel alert, Peppermint oil used topically and aromatically can help. Because of the invigorating and cooling effects of pure Peppermint oil produces when it comes in contact with skin, Peppermint is an ideal oil for staying attentive and aware.