Myrrh essential oil holds limitless uses for everyday life.
Because of its versatility and effectiveness, myrrh has been valuable across many cultures for centuries. With countless applications, myrrh was used anciently for everything from medicine to religious purposes. Today, the resin extracted from the myrrh tree is transformed into an herbaceous, woody essential oil that still holds relevant applications. Whether you want to promote smooth, youthful-looking skin, promote emotional balance, or cleanse the body, Myrrh essential oil holds limitless uses for everyday life.
Blends well with:
Blends well with:
- The Oil of Mother Earth
- Promotes feeling safe in the world, healthy attachments, trusting the goodness of life, feeling bonded and loved, a maternal connection
- Though it isn’t a potent floral or citrus essential oil, Myrrh oil is still considered a popular choice for diffusion. Try diffusing Myrrh oil when you feel like tension levels are high to promote emotional balance and well-being. You can also diffuse Myrrh essential oil when you want to uplift your mood or promote awareness. Myrrh is a popular oil to diffuse during the holidays, because it can help maintain peaceful feelings throughout the home.
- Myrrh essential oil is well known for its ability to cleanse the mouth and throat. To take advantage of the cleansing properties of Myrrh oil, consider incorporating it into your daily oral hygiene routine. Add one or two drops of Myrrh essential oil to your toothpaste when you want added cleansing benefits. For an effective mouth rinse, combine one drop of Myrrh oil and two ounces of water. Gargle this combination for 30 seconds for an extra clean feeling.
- In addition to its benefits for the skin, Myrrh essential oil can be helpful when promoting healthy fingernails or toenails.
- Another beneficial property of Myrrh essential oil is that it promotes a youthful-looking complexion and offers a soothing sensation to the skin. To use Myrrh oil for skin, consider adding one or two drops of the oil to your daily lotion or moisturizer. This mixture can help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, particularly when used daily.